Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

I wish everyone in the States a Happy and Safe 4th of July.


How bout some random 4th of July tidbits that you probably never wanted to know but 
seeing how I like to get up all in your face like...here they are.

1) Did you know that Benjamin Franklin wanted our nations bird to be the Turkey but John Adams and Thomas Jefferson said.."Pft! Wha..what?..We want the Eagle instead." 
Yeah, I don't know if they actually said it that way but in my mind, they were cool
like that.
2) About 150 million hot dogs are eaten on this day.
uhhh. That's a lot. 
3) Both Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died on July 4th 1826.
4) Uncle Sam was a real person.
Seriously? 
5) The 4th of July is the biggest beer selling day. 
Drink up friends!! 
6) 111 million bucks are spent on Popsicle's and charcoal.
(ya know...you could make your own popsicle's and save a ton of cash.)
7) last but not least and since I'll get outa your face
Over 74 Million people will BBQ today.

Enjoy your 4th!! and be mindful of your pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments or just say "Hi!"....