Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Flower Pillow

I went through a phase of fabric flower love. I was making fabric flowers out of anything I could find. I was obsessed. I'm trying to decorate my house and make it more of a home and one of the things I fell in love with on Pinterest was pillows with fabric flowers. I've been going through my stash and made a pillow cover out of fleece (to cover the old, dated one) and made flowers out of the scraps. I think it turned out really pretty. Here it is...

Lots of tutorials to make fabric flowers out there. I really liked using fleece as it gives it a soft look (and I have a TON of it cause when it goes on sale, something in me says, "you must have much"). I also scalloped the edges of the strips to make it look a bit like an hydrangea blossom. The hardest part was trying to arrange the flowers to look well...right. Balance and all. I like it.



2 comments:

I love to hear your comments or just say "Hi!"....