Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

a Cucumber Sandwich

I've been trying to eat more meatless meals by adding more veggies and fruits to my dishes in creative ways instead of grabbing an apple or throwing the veggies in a salad.
I really wanted a meatless sandwich with something different and remembered that I'd purchased some cucumbers the other day for another recipe and needed to use them. I know cucumber sandwiches have been around forever but I've never had one. I love cucumbers but the closest I've had to putting them on bread is adding them to my sandwich at Subway. So, I thought today I would enter the tea room and make one of these...for my lunch, since I had the ingredients on hand. Here's what I came up with...



Here's what I did...

I sliced up about 1/2 a cucumber
then in a small bowl I mixed
about two tablespoons cream cheese
about a spoonful of mayo
little more than a pinch of:
onion powder
garlic powder
paprika
ground cayenne pepper
a few twists on the pepper mill
and a pinch of salt

I used really soft buttermilk bread.

It was a really tasty, quick to make, cheap, relatively healthy and MEATLESS sandwich. All the things I was looking for and it satisfied my need for texture and crunch with a touch of heat and the added coolness of the cucumber. Very satisfying.
It was a good choice today.
Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments or just say "Hi!"....