Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sock Monkey Swap

Mr. Henry the Kendo Warrior Wannabe has arrived at his destination so I thought I would post some pictures I took before he left...






Since Henry is more of a lover than a fighter he's gone to his destination without weapons. (he was getting tired of nicking his tail anyway..;0)) I made his Kendo warrior outfit out of a large Black T-shirt. I used pretty much the whole T-shirt in making his outfit. He has pants a shirt and the skirt that ties around.It certainly does NOT follow the tradition of the Kendo garb since the pleats in the front and back all have meaning and they're all connected (Henry's is not) I didn't think Henry would mind and I'm hoping my partner didn't. I'm not that experienced with making doll or sock monkey clothes, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! How cute!! You did a great job.

    I have had so much fun in that swap in the past. I'll have to go seek out the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sock monkeys!!! I have never tried to make one myself but may have to give it a whirl. He turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should try it Lindy! They're pretty easy. There are some tutorials out there, but I found them a little difficult. The best one is the original pattern by the Red Heel Sock company. My only problem with it was the instructions were printed out so small!! LOL! Give it a shot! have your kids help!;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. I see sock monkeys everywhere but I have never made one.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments or just say "Hi!"....