Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Oatmeal Pancakes..

I've made these pancakes for the last several weekends and my family and I just love them. I thought I would share the recipe with you! I also made homemade maple syrup. I'll put the recipe here as well.

Oatmeal Pancake Recipe



I double the recipe. I've used whole wheat flour in the recipe but didn't like it at all. I've also used regular milk but cut it down a bit so my batter isn't runny. I like a thicker batter.
These are soooooo good!

We ran out of maple syrup so I thought I would try and make some. Here's what I did..
In a sauce pan combine:
1 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon maple flavoring
a dash of salt
(I added a bit of cornstarch to it as well, since I like a thicker syrup. I add about a 1/2 teaspoon to a little of the syrup I pull out into a cup. Mix it up so there's no lumps and put it into the sauce pan with the other ingredients. You certainly don't have to do this, since boiling it down will thicken it a bit.)
Heat the ingredients over medium heat until it dissolves and thickens up a bit.
This is really good syrup. It does need to be refrigerated since there's no preservatives in it. I'll be making this from now on.

I hope you try the recipes...the pancakes are sooooo yummy! Can't go wrong with Oatmeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments or just say "Hi!"....