Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

Flowers everywhere..

It's been raining today. Weird thing about being a Northwest kinda gal. I get so sick of the rain come February and can't wait for a bit of sunshine. Then, when we have many days with nice weather, I start to miss the rain. I'm weird. Or moody. Or both. Just like the weather.
 I've been going through some tough stuff and to go into my garden and see the beauty there heals my soul. Talking about healing my soul for a minute. I started reading this book.


I follow a gal on Instagram that was starting a study group in her home with this book. Since I live on the other side of the country form her but the book sounded really intriguing, so I ordered it right then. I've been in such a bad state with my faith that this book seemed to pinpoint the feelings I'm having. I've just started it and so far it's grabbed me. Maybe God has grabbed me but I know I've been a bit lost. I feel lost. Maybe this will help point me in a good direction.
I hope so.

My garden is really blooming!
I have never loved petunias until last year when I took a chance and filled some pots. They were so beautiful all summer I had to do the same this year.

 This little pretty below was tucked inside the rose bush.


This little one was one it's last days but I loved how the light was on it as it's tucked in the shadows.  

I can't remember what this one below is called but it tripled in size this year. It's huge! But the flowers are cute little half dollar size petals of orangy goodness. I'll be moving it though. It's a bit of a monster. It's a pretty monster though. 



Like I said in the beginning of this post I've been going through some tough stuff. One of the things is my Mom ending up back in the hospital with an intestinal infection. Bad stuff. It's soooo hard to see my mom this way and I struggle with prayer as it seems my prayers are hitting the wall and bouncing back on the floor all around my feet. I know this is just a time in life and things will get better but I get tired of my heart hurting all the time.
Anyhoo, I made some really yummy blueberry muffins that I'm going to go sink my teeth in. 

1 comment:

  1. You have a blog!!!! How cool. Now I can see small bits of your garden. Will have to check out the book at Barnes and Noble.com.
    That muffin looked delicious!
    Take care
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments or just say "Hi!"....