Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Time for My Ten Things I've Learned this Week.

I've completely forgot about my ten things I've learned this week. I blame it on my short attention span. But, here we are!
                                                               
  1) Trying to "find my voice" when writing is hard. Learning to write like I talk is taking time. I admire writers.
 It's a skill and a talent I don't have yet. I hope too. Do I think I'll become some great writer? Not even for moment and that's not my desire, but I do enjoy it.  I find there's a certain amount of deep honesty you find with yourself when you write. You can't NOT be honest. I think writing comes from such a deep place that you come face to face with yourself and sometimes that's scary. That's probably why I have a thousand journals I've started and stopped. Writing honestly can hurt sometimes because you can't run from yourself. Writing honestly goes deep. Sometimes deeper than I was wanting. Writing makes you face it. At least, that's what I'm finding in my experience. I'm discovering myself.  I find myself becoming more concrete. Does that make sense?

  2) I have issues with zucchini. I keep buying it and have plans for it,  put it in the crisper and forget it's there. They rot and I buy more. I don't get it. I have them sitting on my island in the kitchen now. I WILL make something with them. Zucchini bread is good. Does anyone have a good recipe?

  3) Sand can be the devil. Just when you thought you've gotten rid of it. NO. "He's never gone!!

Love this movie!

4) Mosquito's can suck your blood even through your clothes. No one is safe. No one.

5) There are people in this world, as you all well know, that should never own a pet. I've learned that there are a lot of people out there who are more concerned with their own comforts, pets can be work, than doing the right thing. My animal lover heart is broken.

6) School starts on the 3rd of September. My son will be in junior high and a 7th grader. I'm learning that letting go stings a lot more than I thought it would. I can't imagine what it'll be like when he goes to college. UGH!

7)Marriage can be really really really really...really hard. I'm learning that words have a lot of power and can shred someone to pieces. Of course, that's common sense. But, I've also learned that as you get older and the longer your married, the words that come out of your mouth not only hurt your partner but they hurt you as well. Marriage, to me, is melding two lives together and making yourselves one. So when I hurt my husband I'm hurting myself.  I'm learning I need to shut up because my words can be a terrible weapon.

8) I've learned that calling myself a "collector" instead of a "hoarder" feels better.

9) I've learned that the big "muffins" that you get at Costco are just really cake shaped like a muffin. Since it's a "muffin" I don't feel guilty eating it for breakfast.

10) Gardening makes me really happy. It settles my soul. I've learned that I need to do some type of gardening every day to find rest, peace and completeness in my soul.



Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments or just say "Hi!"....