Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Baking Soda and World Domination

                                                                    Baking Soda. Who. Knew.

Let me start at the beginning, shall I? World Domination always has a beginning. Well, World- Domination- in- my- home for the afternoon does and I shall tell you. Yes, I shall.
It started with a future camping trip.
When I say future, I mean this next week.
I'm not a camper. I don't like camping. I don't like being cold, wet, out of my environment, out of control- blah blah blah. 
Too make matters worse there's a burn ban in effect for the Washington state area and we're camping at the beach. UGH! Can it get any worse? Fire! must have FIRE! That's my thing man! I love making it, stoking it, feeding it. I get a little weird about it too. Controlling weird. Like, "Yeah...that's not going to burn right there" and " yeah..don't touch my fire". They all know that the fire keeps me from getting freaky in other areas so they all leave me alone with it. 
As they should.
Cause it's fire...............and me.
Well, since there's not going to be anything to occupy me --sorry peeps!--you're going to be counting down the hours until you get to go home. My weirdness shall be evident to all.
Nuff said about that.
ANYHOOTS!!!  On to World Domination.
 I'm having a gal come stay at my house while we're gone. She'll be taking care of my pets. 
And, what does any woman do when another woman is coming to stay at her home?         
Clean.
Ya'll do it too!!!! (well, most I talk to)
I mean the deep clean. Like the crap in the corner I'm too lazy to bend down and get when I swiffer. Well, when I swiffer. Or the crumbs that get stuck in between the oven and the granite. The dust that has accumulated to the point of trying to remember what your furniture looks like. Alright, I'm not quite that bad. I have my moments and for some reason we as women need to empress other woman with our home skills. It's so dumb. 
Enter Baking Soda.
I was trying to get the grubby finger prints off my cabinets because when the sun shines on it just right? Ew. I tried all the cleaners I had and nothing worked. Today, I thought I would try a little Baking Soda. I know it's been around forever and people have been cleaning with it for about that long. I just haven't tried it.
But holy sunballs and applesauce! It freaking worked! So good, that I cleaned everything with it. My cabinets, my sink, my faucet. It's all sparkly. I just put a little in a bowl, added some water and rubbed it on the grubby's and they came off! Those grubby marks were stubborn and refused to budge. Until today. The conquering joy I felt after showing those grubby's who's boss. To master those grubby's with authority. To command those grubby's to "Be gone!"

Kinda felt like being this guy for the afternoon.
" I am Loki, of Asgard and I am burdened with glorious purpose."

" I am MOM! fifth house down on the left and I have been burdened with glorious purpose!
Baking Soda and I will dominate my little world between these four walls! The things I shall do with this!!!"
 Yeah, I exaggerated the whole "World Domination" but hey? Baking Soda can be a powerful weapon against grubby's.
Yeah, I know. I need to get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments or just say "Hi!"....